Here are some facts about dry mouth, which can be a frustrating condition…
- We call it xerostomia—and it can be a serious problem.
- It tends to happen as we age—but it doesn’t have to.
- Besides being uncomfortable, it makes teeth more cavity-prone.
- It can be the side effect of some medications or radiation therapy for cancer.
- Fight dry mouth by drinking 6-8 glasses of water daily.
- Also, try sugarless gum or lozenges—mouth-wetting agents.
- There are prescriptions product to combat dry mouth.
So feel free to talk to us—we can help!