And Come Visit us at Westlake Family Dental!
Professional teeth cleanings and dental checkups in West Lake Hills, TX
As a patient, receiving regular dental checkups and cleanings (along with proper at-home brushing and flossing) is the best thing you can do for your dental health. With regular care, we can clean those hard-to-reach areas before they develop into cavities, and treat the small cavities before they develop into large ones.
Don’t wait for more serious problems like pain, gum disease, or tooth loss to happen… call Westlake Family Dental today at (512) 328-0911.
How often do I need a Checkup?
Every patient is different, but checkups are typically recommended every 6 months. After an initial evaluation and review of your health history, we can determine if more frequent appointments are recommended to improve oral health.
What’s happens at an appointment?
At your appointment, we do all sorts of things to examine your mouth and teeth, as well as provide a professional cleaning and evaluate your need for repairs. At a typical exam, we may:
- Evaluate oral health and hygiene
- Assess your risk for cavities tooth decay
- Check for periodontal (gum) disease
- Examine old dental work & restorations
- Screen for signs of oral cancer or tumors
- Provide a professional cleaning, removing stains and buildup
- Take dental X-rays, if necessary
- Provide fluoride treatment, if necessary
- Take an impression to create a model of your teeth
- Discuss ways to improve your oral hygiene
- Discuss possible treatments, repairs, or follow-up appointments